Skills Bootcamp in partnership with Department for Education
AMS Tech Skilling is offering FREE Skills Bootcamps, in partnership with Department for Education, introducing you to some leading global employers, with a guaranteed interview after completion of training and ultimately giving you the chance to take your first step into a career in tech & digital .
You can choose to train in one of the following specialist areas:
- Web Development
- Data Analysis
- Agile Project Management
- Digital Marketing
Skills Bootcamps are delivered virtually, and through the 12- week program you will have access to in-demand skills training. We will introduce you to potential employers, guaranteeing an interview with one of our many global clients in a variety of sectors, including Investment Banking, Retail, Professional Services or Pharmaceutical & Life Sciences. With this opportunity we aim to give you the chance of entering a more sustainable, higher-skilled job with better wages over time. We offer bespoke curricula to set you up for a career in:
Digital Marketing – FREE
Digital Marketers are in-demand talents as they build brand awareness and provide accurate analysis to clients to demonstrate effective return on investment.
Web Development – FREE
With the increase of digitisation across many sectors, web development is a popular career choice. Combining creativity and analytical skills, web development is universal, giving you a breadth of career options.
Data Analysis – FREE
Data analysts have been hailed as one of the most in-demand tech talents as they generate information that helps others make decisions and strategy.
Agile Project Management Bootcamp – FREE!
Learn to become a consultant, allocating the right personnel, processes, and resources to bolster team effectiveness and efficiency across a project life cycle. Assume the role of a coach, advising team members how to optimise their efficiency within the project team best.
About the opportunity funded by Department for Education
The UK’s tech industry is booming, with an estimated 100,000 new opportunities emerging every month – this wide and resilient sector is alive with career potential.
And in even better news, there is no “one type of tech person”. In fact, its an increasingly diverse, vibrant and in demand sector, being entered by people who you might not expect. People just like you!
The Skills Bootcamps, part of the Government’s Lifetime Skills Guarantee and Plan for Jobs, have one shared goal: to give people – no matter their background or level of knowledge – the opportunity to build new tech skills and secure a fast-track route to an interview with a local employer.
What you will need:
- Be over 19 years of age
- Hold unrestricted right to work in England
- Reside in England
- Have a secondary school education, degree, vocational certificate, or equivalent
- Access to a computer (PC or Mac)
- Headphones & microphone
- Good internet connection
- Administrator rights to your computer to install required programs
- Have a strong verbal and written level of English
Successful applicants to the program will benefit from:
- Free training within highly demanded skills. These training courses can be worth up to £5,000 and with support from the DfE we can offer these to you for free.
- 12-week access to online training, which can be completed anywhere, anytime, at your own pace, full-time or part-time
- 45-minute weekly mentoring session with an expert in the field
- Working on engaging practical projects to build on fundamental skills required for your tech career
- Ongoing coaching and guidance to prepare for the interviews and a new job market
- Guaranteed interview for nationwide opportunities including London, Derby, Birmingham, Central North (Leeds, Manchester) & South West with one of our employers from sectors including Investment Banking, Retail, Pharmaceutical & Life Sciences, Professional Services and Financial Services